Suspension Checks Here
Your suspension works in-conjunction with your tyres and brakes to ensure you have a smooth journey on the road. Over time you’ll start to notice that the ride in your vehicle changes. A common factor here is your shock absorbers which are becoming worn.
Here are some facts you might not be aware of
- Worn shock absorbers can add up to 2 metres to your braking distance;
- Gradual wear may not be noticeable until your suspension/shock absorbers brake;
- Your road handling will become ineffective if your suspension/shock absorbers are worn.
You if you are noticing any change in the way your vehicle handles, is bumpy over normal roads or you haven’t had your suspension checked for a while then why not call into to see us? We’ll look over your vehicle and give you a honest view of what the problem could be.
Good To Know
Included In An MOT?
Yes it does. These will be inspected to check:
- their condition
- steering oil level
- they work correctly
- for inappropriate repairs or modification including corrosion to power steering pipes or hoses
- that the steering lock mechanism works properly
The MILs or dashboard warning lights will also be checked for the electronic power steering and steering lock.
Experts recommend replacing shocks every 50,000 miles, but a great deal depends on how you treat your vehicle’s suspension. Are you logging all those miles on the placid interstate, or are you off-roading on winding dirt roads through the untamed wild? Well, before that point, unusual suspension noises or excessive bounce or sway may indicate it’s time to replace those shocks.
Contact Ian Jones Tyres
A Word From Owner
Ian Jones Tyres are family run and family orientated. We follow a simple ideal in that "customers should be offered the best service at the right price so if you need help or advice, just ask"